Wednesday, October 4, 2017

You know you were seriously abused as a kid if..


You have thoughts and can share opinions regarding different types of rope and the pros and cons of each one being tied around your wrist...or other body parts.
I think it's the polyester or cotton that were my favorite. Softest against the skin. They had a little give to them and they didn't leave marks unless you fought them or they were on for more then an hour.
That mamila stuff, the worst. It was very scratchy, pokey, irritating all the time. No escaping it. Least favorite.
Polypropylene is, I think, what we used to call "boat rope" as it was used to tie the anchor to the boat. Often used to pull sleds too. My medium favorite. It didn't scratch but it wasn't soft either. Very stiff plasticy. It often would fray here and there which made it unpleasant and pokey.
I think I'll just leave this there.
Someday maybe I'll realize how sad and tragic this post is. Sometimes it's okay not to feel.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...