Thursday, October 14, 2021

Surviving Very Young Childhood Sexual Abuse/ Incest

Being a very young, pre-toddler and being sexually abused by my biological father, on a daily basis, more than not, the first big emotion word that springs to my mind is 
Trust.
Being my dad's victim and witnessing him molest other very young children, made me not trust anyone, especially fathers and parents.
Seeing the most vile of evils perpetrated on the most innocent of beings made me think that anyone, any other adult male, any other adult period, had the capacity to replicate this same crime upon me or any other children.
The world was an unsafe, highly dangerous place where a child's own parents were at the greatest risk of causing the most harm.
I learned to trust no one.
If my dad was evil, all dads had the potential to be evil, too.
I tried to never be alone in a closed door room with any other adult. The bad stuff, with my dad anyway, only happened when I was alone with him. If I could hear other people nearby, people coming closer or mom arriving home or brother in the hallway, there was more of a chance the assault would cease or never take place at that time.
Trust no one.
Always have someone else near if dad was home.
Beware of all fathers. None can be trusted.
These things I learned became childhood rules to survive by.
I have so much more to say

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...