Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Getting Naked

Well, this is the first time I've been in my own place by myself. My teen is away for a few weeks so I decided to try new things. Lol, I started sleeping jammie-less. It's a very odd feeling, to feel my whole body naked like that. I'm known for my jeans, long sleeves and layered clothing so this is really new for me.
First most prominent thought...how can I not love my body? I know, it's the opposite thought that many experience but, for some reason, I love my physical body more naked. It'd almost seem sacrilegious to have any thoughts other then "my body is a wondrous and lovely thing." I can't explain it and it doesn't make any logical sense to me but I love my body more without clothes. It feels just natural. No costumes or hiding or wearing what is deemed appropriate. I'm good with my self.
I've also been wearing shorts on these 90° days. It's strange to see my legs, the light-colored, whispy, erratic hairs, old scars and fresh, minor scrapes.
Then I decided to try going barefoot when I take puppy for a walk or if I need something from the car. Boy, the ground, various types of asphalt and cement provide a plethora of unique sensations with every step. It's not natural for me to walk barefoot, almost feels like I'm doing something wrong and hazardous. The ground isn't usually safe, what with sharp stones, bees, possible broken glass or discarded pieces of foil. I think I worry way too much about that whole safety aspect.
Does it feel good to walk barefoot? The jury is still out. I visualize a big circus and unpredictability, fun yet fearful sensations are scattered and many. I do feel a stronger connection to the Earth and the sensation of being in my own feet, own body. Of course, it is quite grounding but in almost an overwhelming way. There are tons of sensitive nerve endings on feet and it's like an overloaded switchboard. I can't say whether it's good or bad. I wonder if I'll get...calmer with going barefoot more often. I'll continue to explore this.
Just wanted to share these nuevo experiences.
Be well

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...