Thursday, September 21, 2017

Alone but not lonely

To be honest, I prefer my own company. If you say that aloud, most people think there is something wrong with you...but there isn't.
I have brief moments whereby I think it'd be nice to have someone around but they are just that, brief.
Being around others is annoying and highly stressful. I find myself searching for neutral, non-harmful or invasive subjects to discuss. I find I have to care about what someone else thinks of me...and that changes who I am.
Alone I am genuine and honest onto myself. I like that.
I have this wonderful, complex world of MPD, DID in my head that needs constant monitoring and attention. I'm constantly working to avoid triggers, flashbacks and overwhelming stimuli that hits me the moment I walk out my front door.
I'd rather listening to non-human sounds than the droning, confusing humanspeak.  Listening to the varying sounds of the nighttime trains somehow soothes me, as does ocean waves, birds singing and the whistling of leaves. Silence which is rarely found is a godsend.
My puppy snoring, the hum of my well-tuned car and the sounds of my own footsteps don't irritate, don't hurt and they demand no verbal response. People require verbal responses all the time. Silence has no such explanations.
I can never get enough quiet time except at night. Peace is found in absence of others and conversation.
Ah, to be able to live a quiet life minus societal norms and pressures...a pipe dream.
Give me a well-written poem or sing me a lullabye. That's all I care to hear. Tell me I'm worthy and valued without me having to put on a verbal show. Sit with me in silence without judgement.
No, these humans demand talk, explanations for my actions and inactions, worse yet, my opinions on things that don't matter like politics and television shows. They drool at favorite tv programs and their lives revolve around that schedule. No, not me. I care not.
If I could have influence on world peace and solving hunger, I'd be there but I'm a realistic cuss with issues of my own.
I'm just trying to stay afloat and I'll give up my only life jacket to no one.
No one knows me or comprehends the struggle. I'd be naive to think anyone cares enough to get in my boat for a spin around my private lake.
I'm not cold or heartless just selfperserving in a sea of drivel and ego driven talkspeak.
I know I'm a caring, thoughtful person just in a subdued way much different than the norm.
And yeah, I prefer my own company. You have no idea my struggle.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...