Friday, September 29, 2017

I would like to hear from an MPD/DID Therapist, what it's like to work with a Client

It boggles my mind to wonder what a counselor/ therapist/ social worker/ psychologist or psychiatrist thinks and feels when working with an MPD/DID client who is actively switching.
I have no idea what my therapist is thinking as she watches me transform from an intelligent, middle aged woman to an inconsolable 8 yr old, beaten child or hapless kid.
My previous therapist often used the word "fascinating" but there were other times when she looked, scared, uncertain, threatened, sad, confused, perplexed and traumatized.
What does it feel like? To see something never or rarely ever witnessed that is...surreal? Otherworldly? Mind blowing?
I really hope to hear. I'm so curious.
Describe it to me, please!!!!!

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...