Tuesday, September 26, 2017

It's a cruel world

Often when I step out my front door, I'm assaulted by inhumanity.
Yesterday, a 9 yr old boy hustled me in the laundromat, for a dollar for chips saying his parents hadn't fed him all day. Then I saw him take money from 3 other strangers.
Today as I walked my dog, another dog drew close to see her. The owner loudly and soundly slapped his dog shouting "no".
There was a facebook post exacting my mother on her 77th birthday. Forever smiling. Pleasantly in denial that she has been nothing but the perfect, saintly, loving mother.
I won't even touch politics, the NFL anthem or the stupidity in the daily news.
It's tragic, truly tragic the way our nation, my nation and society have sunk to the bowels of degradation and rudeness. I simply want no part of it but I haven't found a way to opt out.
It feels like a kindergarten playground, Armageddon and pure hopelessness at times.
Common sense is all but completely lost.
It feels overwhelming like perpetual dark clouds and sporadic twisters pelting innocent bystanders with farmyard debris, mostly barbed wire and half-dried manure.
It's like all the sad, hurt, bullied adults who were maligned as children have gotten the okay to be bullies, name callers and self-righteous bigots.
So-called Chrsitians have taken to sword fighting, blasphemy, racism and outright cruelty. True Christians are the minority as  it's a "might makes right" mentality with the majority twisting and brandishing their "faith" with fists and guttural words. I'm afraid to call myself a Christian for the name has been perverted and degraded by haters, mockers and those who have lost their moral compass and truly forgotten that Christianity and God is all about Love, Compassion and Kindness.
People are attacking each other within the same moniker.
Innocent bystanders who want no part of the chaotic fray are chastised for not being "vocal" or "active" enough. As if I want any part of the growing, sickening wave of hatred that grows in breadth and depth each day. Peacefully, I opt out, as is my right. I refuse to be part of an angry, near-sighted mob following a blind, hateful, spiteful ruler who encourages chaos, disrespect and ignorance.
No, I'll have no part of this growing movement as it sickens me, heart and soul.
See, I've been bent, broken and sunk to the level of complaining and whining which has suddenly become acceptable behavior.
It's sad. An American tragedy. Sister against Sister. Common sense disregarded, lost and deeply buried.
I won't answer hate with hate. I'll pray for peace and continue to practice kindness mostly from the safety of my own home.
There are friends...maybe former friends, that I just can't understand anymore. They aren't who they once were. I don't know or understand their words and actions. They've been changed. My loss.
All I can end with is...
Be kind to one another
Respect one another, respect all people
Try and remember what compassion is

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...