Sunday, September 17, 2017

My first episode of hypomania Yikes!

My doctor suggested that I might have hypomania due to the fact that I was wide awake and highly productive for 40 straight hours without distress. The second night of no sleep I decided to take the sleep med doctor prescribed. Omg, it was the best, solid 8 hours of sleep I  think I've ever had in my entire life, I kid you not. I awoke refreshed and it felt fabulous.
I'd never heard the term hypomania  before so I looked it up. Dang, that looks about right.
My hypomania symptoms: very little to no sleep each day; I actually have this thing called self-esteem which usually eludes me; my house is wicked clean as every evening I spend hours cleaning and organizing (and it feels like fun!); I have the energy to shower and go for long walks; my everyday plethora of aches and pains is gone; my brain works faster than my mouth which can be frustrating; I can't lay down or sit still for long; I eat less; food tastes good; I'm a bit more distractable; and spending money is too easy.
Overall, hypomania feel a like a refreshing reprieve from the listless chronic tiredness. It feels like a vacation. I enjoy being productive cause man, I've been seriously depressed for a very long time.
Since this is my first hypomania episode, I'll start monitoring my sleep and eat patterns. I don't have the official diagnosis yet so I'll gather more info and see my doctor shortly. I don't know if she's going to want to try medication or not.
The worst thing about hypoM is the uncertainty of not knowing when or if I will become tired or extremely tired. It's difficult to plan things. I've just got to roll with it.
So much more research to do.
Be well

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...