Sunday, November 12, 2017

All of Me book review

I've read more than half of the book "All of Me", the biography of Multiple Kim Noble. It started off on a high note, as it presented a comprehensive overview of Multiple Personality Disorder. After a few chapters, all hopes sunk. While "All of Me" is an interesting read, it fails to cover any, Any of the trauma or incidents that led to her developing her dissociative disorder.
It's appalling that this book includes symptoms without any recorded cause.
Maybe it's because my trauma is well known to me, and extensive, but I found this novel to be bland, milquetoast and without any substance. I started skipping paragraphs, then pages and, finally, I was so bored that I put it down unfinished.
I'm bummed, disappointed: I was hoping for so much more.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...