Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Reading "When Rabbit Howls" by Truddi Chase

It's proving to be the closest to not feeling completely alone and lost in a world that is unaware of the challenges of living Multiple.
I feel incredibly alone within my MPD and autism. These two factors color everything about me yet the outer world with its huffing and puffing, run, run, run, get over it and move on pace isn't for me.
I'm this severely quiet and removed person that relishes the slow pace and stress free existence of having as few external obligations as possible. I'm not anti-social per se, just wanting to figure out this whole surviving everyday game thingy.
I searched for an MPD/DID group again. It's a futile quest. I know that I could relate and interact with others similar to me but the only group I found is an hour and a half away, (not a big deal as I have time and my son is old enough to be home alone) however, it costs 40$ out-of-my-shallow-pocket for each one hour group session. I guess the eclectic group in Traverse City whereby I made friends and could switch for a couple hours a week was an anomaly. I was hoping to find a similar free group.
I'm feeling rare, too unique to classify or fit in anywhere. I don't know. Maybe I could attend once a month as I could afford one session and the gas to get there and back.
I don't know.
I wish some things were easier.
The list of things that truly help me is limited.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...