Monday, June 12, 2017

Forever Alone

There are good and bad points to living a solitary existence. I don't miss the drama, expectations, mandatory get togethers, and thick dysfunction of my bio family. They were cruel, heartless beings that abused, maligned and invalidated my existence.
I do miss having a friend, one friend. I continue searching for another person that I can talk with and do things together with. All I have currently is a therapist an hour a week and a state assigned helper, once a week.
It still feels better being alone than with a romantic interest who emotionally stomped the hell out of me in her narcissistic, self-absorbed ragings everyday.
I have my own apartment, a puppy and I live in a beautiful mid size city in the Pacific Northwest. I couldn't have picked a more welcoming, calm and serene place to live.
I've been known to date, lol, usually that means one or two dates before we part ways. Communication is difficult, at best. Being Autistic, my natural first language is silence.
I'm learning how to live on my own as I lived with others most of my life. I have agencies that I turn to in lieu of the being without friends or family. It's not bad or a negative. It's just the way it is.


No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...