Sunday, April 15, 2018

When you are completely and utterly alone in this world

When you truly have no one, no close family, no friends that you can call, drop in on get a hug from. When there is no one to come home to, greet you with a "how was your day?"; no one to hug, no shoulder to cry on and you realize, full force, that your journey is truly walked alone...
You figure out how to make it work.
If you, like me, are a bona fide Soloist, you find worthy substitutes for love, companionship and comfort. Without knowing it, if you have existed for years Solo, you probably already have replacements in place. It may be a pet, or two or three. It might be a passion for reading, painting, walking, cleaning, gaming, daydreaming, crafting or any sort of engrossing hobby. It's imperative that you fill the void with something that feeds and nurtures you.
Me, I have always loved plants, gardening, aquariums and writing. I also own a Boston Terrier which is an ideal companion dog as she snuggles, greets me with glee whenever I arrive home and enjoys nothing more than sleeping on my lap or next to me under the covers.
At some point I realized that a significant other is too stressful, risky and too darn much work. Acceptance seriously decreases my stress and anxiety. I don't beat myself up or wish for things that really aren't in the cards.
This Is simply who I am. I make it work. I'm okay with living the Soloist life.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...