Thursday, June 15, 2017

I've decided to stay in bed for awhile, staying in bed all day works for me

Sometimes life just doesn't work out and it's best to make the conscious decision to stay in bed whenever possible.
I've got a few things dragging me down, most notably this week long bronchitis. I'm wheezy, weak and feverish. I remember hearing a few different neighbors cough for over a week and I'm guessing I have what they did. Bedrest may be best.
I can't say I'm depressed. I'm sure a therapist may disagree. I don't have anxiety. Being Autistic the world has always hurt in varying degrees. Staying in bed is a method to deal with my CPTSD as it is The only safe place. I'm entitled to feel safe, warm and comfortable.
I'm not interfering in anyone else's life. I have no family or friends to disappoint. Being disabled, there is no job to go to. I'm sick most of the time, anyway.
I'm not hurting anyone and it truthfully doesn't matter a tinker's damn.
I realize there are a few things I must acquire to make my bed life easier. A more comfortable mattress. I'm not sure if I'll upgrade from a twin to a queen. I might appreciate the extra room and the doggy does take up space. Maybe get a headboard to store things, a bed lamp, snacks, books, ear phones and such. New pillows and sheets. There, now I have goals to achieve before I can be successful in my staying safe and low key life. It works for me and I'm all that matters.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...