Sunday, July 9, 2017

To be clear...this is just one torture experience

My memory has become clearer, on all the events revealed in last week's therapy session. What my grandmother did to me when I was 8, on one visit with her.
She had me lay naked and threw lit matches onto my front and back. (I don't yet know when the cigarette burns up and down my back occurred, but in her words it was "To build character".
With the stick matches, grandmother would hold some of my hair in one hand, right in front of me I saw her and with the other hand a lit stick match. She would give me a haircut, set my hair on fire and then put it out. Afterwards, she would wash my hair in the sink. The smell of burnt hair.
I always worried she'd go to far, especially with the stick matches lightly burning my face or between my legs. That last stuff, really burned.
At the end, when she was done burning, she'd apply silvadean ointment to calm and sooth the burning areas. I detest that cream, the sight of the jar, it's cold medicinal feel, it's rank strong smell (again it smelled like sulfur) and the cream also meant she would have to touch me with her grotesque, ugly, defiling hands. No bandaids, never any bandaids to show there was a wound and make others suspicious...as if anyone was going to give a rats ass.
She took stick matches and held them longer at my face, genitals and feet.
She told me all the many ways that she could kill me: poison that I couldn't taste put into my food or drink; snap my neck with just one of her hands; smoother me in my sleep by putting a pillow over my face or simply by forcing her hand over my mouth and nose, as she said "little children go to bed and don't wake up all the time" or she could drown me by holding my head under water in the tub or lake.
I hate matches and won't use them. The smell of sulfur makes me sick and I'm actually highly allergic to sulfur. I can't help but wonder if I became hypervigilant to sulfur due to the threats....smelling sulfur means danger, don't eat, don't drink. The smell of matches...danger, I'm going to get burned again.
Maybe hell smells like that, sulfur and evil grandmother mixed with silvadean.
That's just the burn stuff. The sex stuff is for a much later date.
Yeah, I was torured...this is just one experience recalled....you have a hard time believing, don't you?....so do I, so do i

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...