Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Trying to Decompress, PT/ OT a trigger nightmare

I'm on a roll, like a monster ball rolling downhill picking up debris and speed with every mile.
Last week, I had my first and only Physical Therapy session for my injured left wrist. It was one unexpected trigger after another and I had no way of stopping the hellatious roller coaster ride. I have cancelled allll scheduled appointments and will never go back. If anyone suggests PT in the future, I am instructed to politely decline or run screaming from the room.
The triggers were (due to my extremely abusive past, my complex posttraumatic stress disorder and my dissociative identity disorder):
My instructor making a tight fist and instructing me to do the same.
Dipping my entire hand, repeatedly, into hot, burning wax  (oh, the recent burn memories!!!!#$@).
My instructor producing previously never seen large, handheld gadgets that looked like they could have been weapons.
Okay, stop, as those were the three big ones that produced rage, intense fear and panic.
You know, it continues to amaze me..this fucking struggle, turkey dance, this insane minefield that I'm forced to walk through every fucking day, never knowing when I'm going to blow.
The struggle is so very real, visceral and it tastes like a raw lemon rind.
It's so important that I write, that I share and am heard. The struggle is Astounding!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...