Sunday, November 5, 2017

As soon as

I dislodge from this crushing train wreck
Untangle the wreckage
Get out from under this tram.
Waiting for cutting tools,
Jaws, pliers, gaffs
Within this wreckage
I am
In pieces
Broken
Small
Disfigured
Maimed permanently
Yet not fatal
I'll find the tools
To release the metal carcass
Embedded within my soul
Perpetrated, pinned against my body
And then
Dear friend
You shall know
Of who I truly am
And of the dozer, the train,
The 12 ton, that hit me
Never swerving
Mish mash
She takes a gasp
Removing one plank
One fistfull of bolts
One ten yard cubic foot
From her throat.
For it's in the telling
That the weights are lifted
Its in the awe of dark night
That she wriggles free
Plight by plight
Will she escape
All of his sins?
Time will tell
With a hefty dose of brandy
And a gallon of pale ail.
God, you should know her,
She her strength,
Internal resolve.
You'll like her
In the place past
The chaos and tears.
You'll admire her
Once you hear
Of her hell.
You'll weep for the child
No one cared for
Or called their own.
She was bait, a pawn,
A broken, malfunctioning toy
Destroyed by evil men
Over and over
And over once again.
Can you see her
Buried there
In the paltry moonlight?
One of these days
She shall cry out with might
And cease to be
The mangled body
Under the train

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...