Saturday, January 22, 2022

The Ridiculous Search for Others Who Survived Severe Childhood Sexual Abuse & Neglect

In searching online for others who were so maligned, I stumbled upon this article.
I crave finding others who were severely sexually abused as children, other victims of incest from not only father but also a grandmother and a great grandmother, someone who was sold, prostituted and given away for favors, goods or money not just by a parent but also by a grandparent, someone who knows what it is like to be physically beaten weekly or daily, who knows starvation and never felt kindness, love or affection from a caregiver throughout their young years.
How rare am I? 
Am I 1 in 1,000 or 1 in a million?
Who can understand me, my reactions, thoughts, feelings and distorted reality?
Who can understand my pain?
I'm curious. I'd like to find others that have suffered similarly.
Part of me kind of wishes I'd find someone with a more traumatic childhood but most of me thinks it will be near impossible. 

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...