Tuesday, October 23, 2018

When things go bad

Tonight was the closest we came to being violently assaulted. Once we reached the safety of our vehicle, protocol dictated three steps: contain, confine and shelf. That's what we do, it's what we've always done, when we get scared, overwhelmed or hurt really bad.
Contain and confine the emotions, the fear, the tears and screams. To let those intense feelings hang out and be expressed would be dangerous, leaving us vulnerable and exposed without any armour. You can't hide if your crying. You can't be strong when you're screaming. I know this war. I live this war.
I should have smacked the danger down. I should have been prepared for the unexpected. I've lived this shit. Every day I lived this shit, prepared and ready to strike.
They said the danger was over. They said the perpetrators were dead. Maybe that part is true but danger still lives...could be anywhere.
Be steel. Be Steel

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...