Thursday, October 25, 2018

Mostly what it feels like

When you are a child and scared every walking moment for days on end, it can be really hard to shake that feeling of terror, even when you've grown to be an adult.
Mostly, it feels like, I'm in a 22 story building that's on fire. The flames are engulfing the first 20 floors. I'm standing at the window. No one can reach me; no ladder high enough. The roof is on fire, in danger of collapsing at any moment.  Even if someone cared enough to try and save me, they couldn't.
It's just me. It's always been, will always be, just me in this building on the verge of catastrophic collapse.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...