Wednesday, August 16, 2017

I talk with my hands, I can read my distress

My hands are the external barometer for any internal distress. If I awaken, as has been the case for a week now, with flapping or shaking hands, I know that I am above the ordinary limit of sensory overload and high stress. Those days are best spent laying low, in bed or quietly hiding in my room.
Throughout any given day, I am given the gift of hands that portray my inner turmoil or calm. All I need do is become aware of what my hands are telling me and seek shelter in flapping storms.
The other hand sign is when my fingers are splayed, straight, unmoving rigid and stiff. This means I can no longer process any new information and I need to shutdown. It's like muscle tension tells me how high my distress is.
Oh, I'm still not fluid with words...but I had this to say, eloquent or naught.

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...