Friday, September 11, 2020

An Incest, Tortured, Child Sexual Abuse Survivor's Unhealthy Thinking Patterns

It's taken me 50 years and the hard work of a Multiple and her Therapist, but I'm happy to say that I have identified and been working to release some unhealthy thinking patterns that have plagued my every day.
It feels monumental, it really does. Each one represents time and energy engaged in erroneous and harmful thinking.
I'm still a bit embarrassed. Maybe because it took so long to become aware I had these patterns.
A big part of healing these was finding the strength and courage to admit them aloud, first in writing and then out loud to me therapist. She didn't make fun of me. 
I'm healing.
This is why we go to therapy.
We got this.
Nothing is the same as it was six months ago.
We pretty much became aware of all these in the past few months.
Multiples are Mighty

No comments:

Reconnecting with earliest memories leads to shift in relationships

I have 5 or 6 relationships in my life which are relevant on a mostly daily basis: God, therapist, son 1, son 2 and new found friend of 2 mo...